Puddle Cottage is a stone built terraced cottage on the quiet road of Rectory Lane in the centre of the South Rutland village of Edith Weston. The cottage was built in 1847 but has been recently refurbished.
Puddle Cottage had a bedroom which can sleep 2 people. There is a zip together super king size bed which can also be presented as 2 full size single beds. There is a double sofa bed downstairs in the living room. A travel cot can also be provided on request.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please call 07734175291 or e/mail email@example.com.
- We have an extensive website which can we viewed at www.puddle-cottage.co.uk showing photographs of the rooms. A brochure containing the same information is also available on request. If a larger print version of the brochure is required please contact us on 07734175291.
- All guests will be provided with written directions to the cottage as well as a postcode for use on Sat Nav systems.
- Bookings and enquiries can be made directly from the website via e/mail, telephone or letter.
- The nearest bus stop is outside St Georges Barracks (500m walk slightly uphill from Puddle Cottage). There is a shelter with seating. The bus timetable is available in the cottage, or can be provided prior to arrival on request.
- There are numerous local taxis firms . Telephone numbers are in the cottage or we can supply upon request. A taxis into Oakham will cost approximately £10 before 11pm (excluding bank holidays).
- The nearest train stations are Oakham (7.5 miles) or Stamford (8miles).
- We are happy to assist if you wish to have groceries delivered ready for your arrival if required. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Arrival and Car Park Facilities
- Puddle Cottage has sufficient off road parking for 2 cars (1 designated place plus surplus area). The car park is to the rear of the property. The parking space is clearly sign posted.
- The parking area has a movement activated light and is gravelled. The back gate is 84cm wide and right hinged.
- There is one 17cm step up from the car park to the garden. There is 1 further step (rise of 17cm each) on the garden path leading to the cottage. The total distance from car park to the back door is 23.32m. The path is made up with paving slabs. The paving slabs can become slippy when wet or icy. There is 1 further step into the back door (a rise of 18cm).
- There are no handrails at any point.
- Access to the property is also possible using the front door. There is a gate leading to the small front garden of the cottage which is right hinged and measures 89cm wide and 1m tall.
- There are four steps between the road and the gate to access the property by the front door. The steps are 21cm high, 10cm high, 19cm high and 15cm high. The width of the narrowest step is 66cm. The paving slabs can be slippery when wet or icy.
Main Entrance, and Reception
- Puddle Cottage has 2 entrances – front door and back door.
- The back door is 75cm wide. The keyhole is at a height of 1.03m. The hinge is on the right. The backdoor opens into the kitchen/ diner. There is a light switch on the wall to theleft hand side of the door outside light. The first set of lights for inside the cottage is in front of you.
- On the dining table in the kitchen is the Welcome File where you will find details about the cottage.
- The main entrance is the front door off Rectory Lane. The front door is 95cm wide and there is 1 step (rise of 13cm) up to the front door. The keyhole is at a height of 85cm. There is a large doormat on this step and porch overhead. The hinge is on the right. The front door opens into the sitting room. There is a light switch on the wall to the left hand side of the door for the first set of lights and the outside light.
- There are no handrails at either the front or back door.
Lounge, Stairs and Landing
- The front door leads straight into the sitting room where there is a sofa bed and an armchair, which are all moveable.
- There is a floor level real log fire in working order.
- There is a large flatscreen TV with remote control, and a DVD with remote control. The TV has Freesat.
- There is a low coffee table which is 45cm high, 55cm wide and 90cm deep. This is lightweight and can be moved.
- There are magazines and games in the dressing table.
- The floor is laid with non-slip ceramic tiles. There is a rug.
- The room is lit with natural lighting, floor standing lights and a main ceiling light.
- The kitchen leads off from the sitting room. The kitchen floor laid with non-slip ceramic tiles.
- The stairs lead up from the sitting room. There are 12 steps (rise 11x 19cm & 1x22cm). The stairs are carpeted. There is a handrail on the right hand side as you walk up the stairs.
- There is no downstairs toilet.
- A front-loading washing machine is provided. The washing machine is 60cm wide and 82 cm high.
- A clothes drying rack, pegs, iron and ironing board are all provided. There is a washing line outside with pegs in the shed.
- A tumble dryer is available in the shed.
- A small, well-maintained, enclosed garden is provided on site both to the front and the back of the cottage.
- A shed is provided in the back garden.
- There is an outdoor furniture set – 4 chairs and a round table. A parasol is provided which is stored in the shed.
- There is an outdoor tap by the back door.
- There are boot scrapers by both the front and back door.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The one upstairs bedroom has a zip/link bed. When made up to the king size configuration, the access on either side of the bed is approx 32cm each side. The zip together bed can also be presented as two fill size single beds.
- All bedding is cotton mix.
- There are sidelights on the bedtable as well as a central pendant fitting.
- The bedside lights are 32cm wide, 60cm deep and 75cm tall.
- The floor on the stairs and the bedroom is carpeted with 100% wool carpet and a thick underlay.
- There is a freestanding wardrobe which measures 1.13m wide, 175cm heigh and 55cm deep.
- Wooden hangers are provided in the wardrobe.
- There is a chest of draws which measure 81cm wide, 43cm deep and 94cm high.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- The bathroom is on the first floor, adjacent to the bedroom
- The floor laid with non-slip tiles. The door is 76cm wide and 196cm high – hinged on the right.
- The shower is over the bath. The bath has grab handles on the top rim. There are no other handles or rails in the bathroom.
- A non slip bath mat is provided.
- There is a plastic shower screen on the side of the bath/shower.
- The toilet is in the bathroom.
- There is a wall mounted heated towel rail.
- There are conventional twist/turn taps on both bath and handbasin.
- The kitchen is on the ground floor.
- The floor is tiled.
- The door between the kitchen and the living room is 72cm wide.
- It is a galley style kitchen – long & narrow.
- The sink has a mixer tap with twist/turn mechanism and a granite sink
- There is an electric cooker with solid hob.
- A microwave oven is also provided.
- There is a front loading washing machine
- There is an under the counter fridge freezer.
- There is also an additional free standing freezer in the shed.
- There is a Bosch dishwasher.
- Due to the size and shape of the kitchen, items are stored at both high and low levels.
- The worktops are wooden and are 91cm high and 62cm deep.
- There is a fire blanket in the kitchen by the back door.
- There is a dining table with 4 chairs. The dining table is circular with a width of 92cm.
- A full kitchen inventory is available upon request.
Grounds and Gardens
- Small garden to the front enclosed by wooden fences on three sides.
- There are four steps between the road and the gate to access the property by the front door. The steps are 21cm high, 10cm high, 19cm high and 15cm high. The width of the narrowest step is 66cm. The paving stones can be slippy when wet or icy.
- There is a gate leading to the front garden of the cottage which is right hinged and measures 89cm wide and 1m tall.
- At the front of the house, the garden is grassed with a gravel path. No handrails are provided.
- There is a larger garden at the back enclosed by fences on two sides and a gate on one side.
- A small patio area is located at the back of the house with a small round table and 4 chairs.
- There is a shed located in the back garden for secure storage. A key for the shed will be provided on arrival.
- Puddle Cottage is a non-smoking premises.
- One well-behaved dog is welcome by prior agreement and we ask that the dog does not venture upstairs or onto the furniture. A charge of £20 per visit is charged for dogs.
- Emergency telephone numbers are provided prior to arrival.
- The mobile telephone signal at the cottage can be variable. There is a payphone in the village if required – details are in the welcome brochure in the cottage.
- Working smoke alarms are fitted and a fire blanket is located in the kitchen.
- The kitchen is stocked with essentials such as tea bags, coffee, sugar, tin foil, cling film, washing up liquid, olive oil, matches, salt and pepper, kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, dishcloth.
- A full inventory of the cottage can be provided on request.
All correspondence should be sent to:
23 Rectory Lane
Grid Reference: SK9255005348
Local Equipment Hire – Oakham Mobility and Healthcare, 30 Pilings Road, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6QF (01572) 755204
- There are no future plans with reference to the Access Statement at present.